Tuesday, June 4, 2013

How to backup/restore Google Picasa Name Tags

How to Back up Name Tags and copy to an another computer - Google Groups:

TCStuffLevel 2
I am in the process of naming the people in my photos and it is still scanning after almost a day and only at 45%. (I have a lot of photos)
I like this feature but do not want to go through this process again.
Is there some type of name tag database that it creates that I can backup with my photos?
Is there a way to copy certain folders of photos including the name tags to another computer?
MyeLevel 2
I think I got the answer!
If you want to export Face Detection you must copy your photos with picasa.ini (or .picasa.ini) which stored in pictures folders. And copy DB3 (Picasa database)
In Windows /Users/%USERNAME%/AppData/Local/Google/Picasa2/db3/
in MAC /Users/%USERNAME%/Library/Application Support/Google/Picasa3/db3/
Picasa on startup will clean in up and you will have faces on photos

No comments :