Saturday, February 2, 2013

Found utility to move games to new HD - Hardware - General Discussion Forums at MMORPG.com

Found utility to move games to new HD - Hardware - General Discussion Forums at MMORPG.com: "I just bought and installed a 2nd 240 GB SSD this past weekend to use exclusively for games. I moved all my Steam games over (all 100 GB lol) following an easy to use procedure from the steam site and then I wanted to move Diablo 3 there and didn't feel like going through the un/re-install hassle. I googled and found a full freeware (i.e not nag or ad ware) that did the job amazingly fast and worked like a charm.

Just posting this FYI in case you find yourself in need of this. It's called SymMover and can be found at http://mobasoftware.com/symmover.php

Edit: I should also mention that its easy to move stuff back as well. If you have an SSD of limited size, you can move the 2 or 3 games you're currently playing there and when something else comes along that you want to run off the SSD, move something back and put the new game there."

'via Blog this'

No comments :